Food and Books

Aaah... My 2 favourite things combined? Yes please. So no, I am not having a 3 months holiday like all other schools. And my 2 weeks holiday got cut off into a week because my class have some finishing to make. Just because our Parents Presentation is done doesn't mean we have freedom. NO. My class still has another project to make, which is.... Y E A R B O O K. But sweethearts, yearbook can wait. hunger can't. I decided to make Nutella Mug Cake for breakfast yesterday. And I nailed it! Oh by the way, you know what sucks? Not being able to find the focus in the camera. I auto focused it but nothing seemed to work. Oh well.

Nutella Mug Cake with failed Whipped Cream on top

This is the original Nutella Mug Cake. Some people add chocolate chips, and sometimes crushed chocolate bars. It's easy to do that because all you need to do is mix the things you want inside it to the mixture. But before you do that, you need the original recipe first, I'm guessing?

Nutella Mug Cake

Ingredients:
4 tablespoons self-rising flour
4 tablespoons sugar
1 egg
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 tablespoons Nutella
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil

Method:
1. Combine all ingredients in a large coffee mug. Whisk well with a fork until smooth.
2. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 - 3 minutes. (Time depends on microwave wattage. Mines took 2 minutes.)
3. Top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup. Enjoy!

Easy as 1, 2, 3, yes? If you mug is too small or too short, the cake will burst out to the outer part of the mug so make sure your mug is big enough. The cake will rise to the top of the mug. 

And today after going to school for the Yearbook project, I decided to have.... DEEP FRIED OREOS for lunch!


It probably doesn't look good on the outside. i mean, are you serious? Fried oreos? Get real. But no I am real.

Deep Fried Oreos

Ingredients:
2 quarts vegetable oil for frying (I don't know how much quarts is but you can just guess how much oil you need for the Oreo to sink in)
1 large egg
1 cup of milk 
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 cup pancake mix
1 package cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreo)

Methods:
1. Heat oil in deep-fryer to 190 degrees C.
2. Whisk together the egg, milk and 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a bowl until smooth. Stir in the pancake ix until no dry lumps remain.
3. Dip the cookies into the batter one at a time, and carefully place it into the hot frying oil. fry only 4 or 5 Oreos at a time to avoid overcrowding the fryer.
4. Cook the cookies until they appear golden-brown, for about 2 minutes.
5. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate before serving. Enjoy!
Please be aware that the mixture cannot be too fluid or liquid-y, or else it won't make the circular look to the Oreo.

And one more thing. Please do use a vegetable or olive oil for both recipes. Vegetable and Olive oil (ex. Olivoila Extra Virgin oil or Fillipo Berio olive oil) are much less oily and healthier than normal oils. They cost a bit more expensive than normal oils but healthier the better, yes?


Oh this morning I just got an email from Jeremy Gilley. Yes, I did. Well not really from him, it's actually from Peace One Day's people. But no matter. He said that 

he's so grateful that I became a member of the Global Truce 2012 campaign. Peace One Day had made a huge impact on the world, and on Peace One Day 2012, if we were all to unite, what could we achieve globally? Start helping the world by being a Peace Messenger by starting a Facebook event for 21 September 2012 and asking people to attend. Jeremy Gilley looks forward about hearing your Global Truce 2012 Facebook event!

I have been joining Peace One Day for quite a long time and I'm hoping you guys could join it too! I heard Peace One Day from CISV. I joined this activity, and did 'One Day, One Goal'. It's an event to play sports (especially soccer) to gather different people to play together. And honesty, I really want to make an event. Doesn't have to be big, it could be around the school or the community. Again, I do hope you could support Jeremy Gilley and team for the big Peace One Day Global Truce 2012 by clicking HERE

Before I end this post, I just wanted to say how awesome it is what kak Diana Rikasari just posted. She's an amazing role model. 

I have to finish my yearbook, love! Have a great day and goodluck to those who are having their end of school exam.

Kalau ada yang menghina, sebaiknya didiamkan. 
Tapi, gak papa juga kok sesekali angkat bicara. 
Kita punya hak untuk bersuara.




Comments