Chins Up, Smiles On

On Friday, November 22nd, Trista and I celebrated our birthday (mines was one the 8th, and hers on the 28th) by watching The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Honestly, when we watched The Hunger Games, we weren't that satisfied with the result. Something was missing. But after watching Catching Fire, Trista and I were amazed by the specific details and how the movie sticked to the book one hundred percent! (Suzanne Collins was one of the producers, so it make sense). The movie was 2 hours and 20 minutes-ish, but I didn't feel bored in the theater. Half of the movie covered the feelings Katniss, Peeta, Gale, Haymitch, and the other districts felt after Katniss gave hope to the people of Panem. There were rebels everywhere, and people are actually fighting back the peacekeepers. And then President Snow decided to bring all the victors from each district to compete against on another on the 3rd Quarter Quell. And not long after that, the movie's over.

I had this huuuuuge breakdown as well when Effie Trinket gave Haymitch & Peeta their golden bracelet & necklace. It was a sign of their friendship. Effie cried and felt sorry for both Peeta & Katniss, and I felt her sadness. I almost cried. But then Johanna Mason, Finnick Odair & Mags came in and I am happy with the result of all of them. Mags' sacrifice to save Peeta was out of this world. And I can't really continue describing everything. The movie was that good, I almost hated life. Catching Fire is one of the most extraordinary, heartbreaking, and inspiring movies (based on a book) I've ever seen. Thumbs up to Francis Lawrence and team for making the best sequel ever. I cannot wait for Mockingjay.

Anyway, have I made a good review from a fangirl's point of view? Hope you guys are planning to watch (or is watching) Catching Fire, because damn I've never seen a movie that good my whole life. Have a great weekend, lovers.

PS: During the busy week, which was last week, I slipped in some activities, specifically messing my hair like those characters in movies. Check out the pictures!

the famous katniss braid

princess leia has never been this good looking HAHA

the classy primrose

the one behind the screen, studying mathematics & religion,
janis

Comments