The Naked Brothers Band


If you weren't raised by Nickelodeon when you were young, you would probably know not much about The NBB. That's why I am here to tell you all about them (aren't I nice?)



The NBB (Naked Brothers Band) is a TV show on Nickelodeon about a group of kids who has a band. The main characters are Nat and Alex Wolff (they're siblings), and apparently NBB was created by their mother! How cute is that! Anyway, they're TV show was a hit for all the youngsters back then. I remember dancing to their songs with my sister and we would scream the lyrics 'IF THAT'S NOT LOVE THEN WHAT IS? IF THAT'S NOT FRIENDSHIP THEN WHAT IS? IF THAT'S NOT MUSIC THEN WHAT IS?' But then Nickelodeon stopped showing The NBB, so I didn't pay attention to them much because there was no internet back then. I didn't know where they were, and what they were doing at that time, so my addiction to The NBB was over.

And then I remember for my school's Secondary Production, we had 'I Don't Wanna Go To School' playing as one of the opening songs! I was surprised that The NBB had release a new song! But after having that song stuck in my head for a few weeks, I got over them again and didn't think a bit about them. Until, John Green tells that Nat Wolff is going to play Isaac in TFiOS. I was a huge fan of TFiOS, and knowing that Nat Wolff is back to acting makes me real excited!

Since then I've been fangirling Nat Wolff, and I searched for Youtube videos, and Ansel Elgort's twitter because apparently Nat, Ansel and John has a bromantic relationship which is exciting and cute. On youtube, I stumble upon their NBB days and their newest songs. I was really happy that they're still making music, even though it's not as The NBB, but as Nat n Alex Wolff.

They're new songs, they're grown-up songs are categorised as pop, but if you really listen to it, it's more of an alternative-rock to indie rock. They sound like The Strokes, Efek Rumah Kaca, and The Beatles! It's good to know that as they grow up, they were influenced by good kinds of music which are able to make them produce even better music. I am lucky that my generation have grown with both Nat and Alex as our public figures. 

One of my favourite song on Black Sheep is Lullaby. But they're music videos makes me cry and laugh so much! I can't wait for Nat n Alex Wolff to visit Jakarta. I really like them.




The bad thing is that I can't find Black Sheep anywhere in Jakarta! :( If anybody can find Black Sheep in Jakarta or online (but not on Amazon) in a CD form, not audio form, please tell me.

the one behind the screen enthusiastically and patiently 
waiting for Nat n Alex Wolff to come to Jakarta,
Janis 

Comments