Take Responsibility For Your Trash!


I was taking my dog, Potter, for a walk this evening. His leash isn't good anymore so he ran around for a couple of times. When I finally got him back on the leash, we walked for a few meters, and he ate a tissue that was lying on the ground. I made him spill it out, I swear I did, but it's too late. He swallowed the whole tissue. I am very, very sad and disappointed. Sad that Potter might be sick, and mum would have to take him to the vet tomorrow. Disappointed in Indonesians who still cannot see where a trash can is. People who cannot differentiate a street, and a garbage can. People who think littering is okay because 'the cleaners will clean it up anyway'. 
What would you do if you were taking your pet for a walk and he/she ate a scattered trash? Or if you have a kid who ate something from the ground? Would you punish them for eating something they didn't know that it was dirty? Or would you get mad at the people who threw their trash irresponsibly? 

I am really pissed off because it's the 21st century, and how come people still litter everywhere? If we still litter now, when's Mother Earth going to get better? When's humanity going to heal? Littering is not cool. It is a cruel, uncivilised and dumb thing to do. If you think littering only means plastic bags, and candy wrappers, you're wrong. Cigarette butts, band aids, and gum are also litter! Stop making your floor your trash can, and start putting them in your trash can! 

Not only are our streets littered, but also our rivers and the ocean. Animals don't have common sense, and it's sad to see the eating the trash you're not responsible for! It grosses me out when people who says the loooooooooooove the beach throws their ice cream wrapper, or anything in particular, to the ground. It grosses me out when people who are sane throws trash in the incorrect places. You know, at most times, when divers go underwater, they grab the trash scattered around the ocean & ocean floor. Maybe doing that on land is a good thing to do too. Every time I grab the scattered trash on the ground, people will think I'm a freak. I'm just doing the things most people aren't doing.

So I'm begging my lovers and heartthrobs, to stop littering! If you are going to throw away your trash, then for God's sake, throw it in a trash can. Or if you aren't anywhere near a trash can, put it in your pocket. Trash responsibly. Reduce the use of plastic bags (one of the most things littered everywhere!). Have more trash cans. Keep yourself and your surroundings clean. Help Mother Earth restore its beauty. Make yourself useful, and civilised. Not the other way around.


Comments