See The Real Me!


Last year on June, I got the chance to be a part of the Clean & Clear: See The Real Me campaign casting. Here’s what I wrote on my defunct wordpress:
Last week, I had a digital media commercial shoot for Clean & Clear Indonesia. The process was fun and exciting, but I was having my flu so I felt like i had no energy. How I got chosen to shoot for the commercial was short and quick. I had to answer two questions: 1. What achievements are your proud of? 2. What do you want people to see more in you?. Coincidentally, Personal Excellence have asked me the same question, so I’m just going to answer it by giving my interview result.
Definitely my dancing & writing skills. I have represent Indonesia in the Shanghai Tourism Festival 2012 dancing a Sumatran dance with uni kids (by then I was only 14 y/o). I’ve also dance as a fill-in in events such as weddings, organisations birthdays, etc. I also have blog, thus my love in writing (and reading). Lately I just finished making a book for a school project. I interviewed 7 young girls in Jakarta & alhamdullilah I received good feedbacks. My blog started in 2009, and it’s still here! It’s not internet famous, but day by day there seems to be more readers which is a good progress. My blog:janisargeswara.blogspot.com
After I answered those two questions, I received a call from the production house and I was chosen! Of course, it wasn’t only me. There were other girls who were chosen, but I’m really happy that out of thousands of girls, I was one of them. We had a casting where they took pictures of me doing poses (I suck at poses ugh), and then they interviewed me again. They told me didn’t need to act, just be myself. So I did by the most of myself. A few days later, I got a text saying I got in. Like officially in. So I had outfit fitting, and on Wednesday, June 25th, we started filming. I am very happy that I get to join the commercial shoot, because I get to meet tons of new friends! We had tons of group selfies, I played my ukulele, the stylist who I have a mushy heart was also there, trying to play the ukulele but, let’s be honest, he sucks. I was so tired that I woke up at 12.30 pm the next day because the shooting was approximately 17 hours long.


Here are the outcomes of the 17 hours 50 girls were quarantined at Beranda.



This year, I was chosen to be one of the 50 finalists for Gogirl! x Clean & Clear’s event called Cerita Kita. It’s an event where teenage girls get a free workshop in five different interests, which are Fashion Styling, Beauty Enthusiast, Photography, Writing and Design. Of course, I chose the design class which was led by Dinda Puspitasari, one of the interviewees I interviewed for my book. 

As I arrive at Conclave, the set was beautifully decorated in pink, purple and blue with helium balloons crowding the ceiling. There was a corner that was set with three mirrors and a few Clean & Clear products. We were told to do our touch-ups in those mirror. Little did we know, the committee had a camera behind the mirror and they were recording our whole act when we looked at ourselves in the mirror. The outcome of those videos are very funny. We also had a psychologist, who happened to be one of my primary ‘teachers’, explain the relation between moods, mirror, and confidence. Surprisingly those three things really affect our daily activities.

At the end of the event, 10 girls was chosen to be Gogirl’s website contributor and a Gogirl! intern. I, sadly, wasn’t chosen but I had nothing to lose. Instead, I gained so many! Friends, experience, and knowledge. Even though I didn’t get chosen, a few girls and I had to shoot a video regarding what we achieved in the event. Here is the outcome of the day:



I am very sorry I didn’t take any good pictures. I was too tired that day.

Comments