Little Uneasy


For the past few days, I decided to give myself an Instagram-Primary-Account detox. Lately I’ve been feeling like social media, Instagram, to be specific, is taking so much of my time and it’s just draining my energy. It also make me feel unproductive and too attached to my phone. Feeling like that, I decided to detach out of my Instagram primary account. I still post on my community’s Instagram account, but I don’t check my account and/or feed as intense as I used to. Instead of spending my time in front of my phone, I finally get to finish Antologi Rasa by Ika Natassa for the second time. I remember reading it and feel so amazed by the ending, but after the second read, it’s not as amazing as I thought it is. I’m about to reread Perahu Kertas by Dee for the ??th time. I also got to rearrange some of the items at my kitchen counter, and find some inside plants inspiration for me to do in the upcoming weeks. I not-so-secretly took the chance to dance freely to Mamma Mia and Dancing Queen and filming it using the 8mm app on my phone. Oh, and I also made myself some baked macaroni and cheese, which I can eat for breakfast… lunch… or dinner… But for tomorrow's breakfast, I prepared myself a glass of vanilla chia seed pudding!!! Fingers crossed it tastes good (It tasted pretty good!). I also went out to sea to take micro plastic samples with the lab team (which I'm pretty happy about because I miss going out to sea). I also met up with some of my KKN friends. I’m pretty happy with the things I did without the distraction of my Instagram account. I like the feeling of not going through Instagram, but let’s be real. Instagram is the real deal of self branding, it’s an important instrument to use in these particular years. However, doing this Instagram detox a few times a month, or at least once a month seems like a good idea. 


Besides all of the things I did, I also downloaded the app Huji and randomly took pictures of everything. Ive always kind of hated Huji or other fake analog camera app because it isnt authentic, but I wanted something instant and fun, so I downloaded it anyway. And made a Spotify playlist called Dreamy, which is now my current favourite playlist (after Harry Potter Sleep/Study, of course). Please help yourself viewing my Huji pictures, their fake 1998 dates (theyre all actually taken in 2018), and the fake-but-inspired-by-real-conversations subtitles I put in order to visualise my dream life.

FYI I still do actual film photography, but I haven't got the time (what I really mean is money) to develop the film rolls. Hopefully soon.



Taken with iPhone 5s
Edited on Huji App and Adobe Photoshop




















Comments