Feels Like Bali


The day started with a plate of slightly-salted boiled corns, fried tofu with crazy spicy chilli, and some good old scrambled eggs. We fuelled ourselves some nice breakfast before heading out to Bangli to get ourselves some ice cold waterfall dripping down our tired bodies. Bags were packed, kamens were tied, motorbike was hot, and we were ready to go.


The Tuesday started out gloomy, and after passing Denpasar the sun was seen shining. It was an hour-or-so drive to Tibumana Waterfall, Bangli. As we arrived, we walked an easy 10-minute trek and finally reached the beautiful waterfall. There were about 6 people down the waterfall, mostly non-Indonesians. Talia and I took our clothes off, and jumped into the pool-like waters. It was freezing! I shivered badly, but I was happy! It felt very weird being in a great body of water that wasn't salty. I was in content, immersing the cool, fresh water in me. We took pictures and ended up having a conversation in the water. People kept coming and going, we kept sitting. After getting wrinkles, we dried ourselves and left the area. Around 20 minutes from there, we stopped bya warung and got ourselves warm with a nice bowl of bakso.

Out of the blue, Talia wanted to visit the Edelweiss Garden... in Besakih, Karangasem. It was (another) hour drive from Tibumana. We went through hilly, steep roads, accompanied with the beautiful landscapes of Karangasem. Our butts were in pain but we finally arrived. It was chilly, and it started raining slightly. We paid the tickets, and as we wandered around the garden, we realised the plants they were planting there is not edelweiss. I don't know if there are different types of edelweiss, but I know the one I saw at Gunung Gede is not the same as the ones at Karangasem. Nonetheless, we got some nice pictures and got to breathe fresh air. At least our lungs are happy.

It was around 1.30 pm when Talia wanted to have pizza for lunch/dinner/in between. She wanted Umah Pizza... in Ubud, Gianyar. I wasn't in a rush to go back to Denpasar, so I said let's go. And we did... After another one and a half hour from Besakih di Gianyar, we finally arrived and got ourselves some good classic Italian pizza, some salad, pesto bruschetta and chocolate milkshake. I ordered chocolate milkshake because I was thinking of Peter Kavinsky and his cute milkshake scene (#3). We rest at Ubud for a while, and finally went back home. We crashed at Talia's bed, and I continued watching a web series I was watching the other day.

Despite my tired butt, I had fun that day. I got to see landscapes I've never seen before, and went through roads I never knew existed (We purely used Google Maps. Thank you!). It's these kind of trips I look forward to have more in 2019. Random, out-of-the-blue and with the goal of purely wanting to travel.

My swimwear: @oota.beachwear on Instagram
Camera: Lumix GF-9 (Taken by Talia & I)
Edited on Afterlight & Adobe Photoshop


















Comments