Rivers and Roads


A friend and I knew some people weren't in their best self for the past few weeks (including myself), so we told them we're going on a short retreat to a waterfall during the weekend. Only 5 out of 11 of us ended up going with the plan, but it was okay. We still had fun.


Kanto Lampo waterfall was smaller than I expected, but it surely was refreshing as showering for the third time on a hot sunny day. We didn't stop by to eat for something warm because we had our usual DIY sushi on the road - style. After 2 hours-ish of driving, we got to our next stop: Blooms Garden Bedugul. The site was fairly new so there weren't as much flowers as I hoped. The location was nice though, and the music constantly playing across the park was calming. We felt hungry afterwards so we stopped by Bratan Lake to grab something to eat. We ate a warm bowl of beef bakso and a cup of grilled grated corn, topped with cheese and milk.

We drove home at 4.30 pm and got home by 6 pm. I was so stuffed after eating so many things that evening, I decided not to have a proper dinner. It was a bad decision because I was starving by midnight, and being the lazy-ass I am, I decided to sleep it off.

The title, Rivers and Roads, is a song by The Head and The Heart. It talks about the distance that separates people, and the struggles of reconnecting with another. It slightly reminds me of how my friends and I will soon be separated by our new jobs and new friends and new lifestyle. I can't wait to graduate, but it's terrifying me badly.

I've been feeling all over the place lately. My room's a messy black hole, I haven't meditated in weeks, my forehead's being shitty, my favourite denim jeans zipper is broken... But on the other hand, I got some great news regarding on my thesis defense, and the things I'll be doing by the end of the year. I'm really (really, really!!!) excited but I honestly wish I could get a hold of myself better right now...

Anyway, back to trip. I have a dream of visiting every waterfall Bali has to offer, and so far I've only reached three... So, to more adventures in Bali🌴








Photos taken with several smart phones.
Edited on Afterlight, Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop by yours truly.

Comments