☾ year twenty three ☾

This year I spent my 23rd birthday with my friend Tia, who also happen to be a Scorpio! We decided to meet at Nusa Penida, rent a motorbike, and go explore the huuuge island. I think people underestimate how big Nusa Penida is, thinking it’s as small as Nusa Lembongan and Ceningan… We visited Angel Billabong, Broken Beach, and Kelingking Beach on the first day. We drove, and drove, and drove… and finally arrived at our accommodation for the night. We slept over at Tropical Glamping, a really nice private villa by the east end of the island. We had dinner at the premises while watching 10 Things I Hate About You under the stars. Afterward, we sneaked into bed and talked about life until midnight.

The next day we had a very lazy morning, ate some leftovers for breakfast, checked out from the villa, and went to Tembeling Natural Beach and Forest. I’ve been to Tembeling once with my friend, and I remember the road towards the location was very steep. What I didn’t remember was how bad the road is. Tia, hasn’t driven a motorbike in a looong time. I, on the other hand, had just learned to drive the motorbike in October last year. Basically, we both weren't mentally prepared to drive through the broken road. But after some screaming and a lot of hand on the brakes, we finally made it down to the pool to refresh. We ate Pop Mie for some comfort food and headed to the port.

A day before my birthday, my dog Kiko went missing and I cried like a baby. The morning after, my friend found her playing by the far-side of the beach with her friends. Picked her up and continued to celebrate my birthday. It felt like the universe was pranking me. Thank you, Universe (I lost a set of keys the day I got back to Lembongan, too).

The week of my 23rd birthday was pretty hectic, and will probably keep being hectic until the end of the year. Nevertheless, pretty grateful for my birthday trip, as I faced my fear of driving on a broken and steep road, and at the same time had fun driving a motorbike on the beautiful roads of Nusa Penida.

Pictures are taken by myself and Tia, using the Fujifilm Flezz, with a Fujifilm Industrial and C200 film, unless stated otherwise.
No dedicated video for this trip because I didn’t take enough footage #itiswhatitis.

Trip details:
Boat Nusa Lembongan (Yellow bridge) - Nusa Penida (Toyapakeh) Rp25.000
Motorbike rent Rp90.000 (26 hours)
Villa rent +- Rp500.000/ night
Boat Nusa Penida (Toyapakeh) - Nusa Lembongan (Yellow bridge) Rp20.000
Access and parking fee to all visited spots were free 






















Comments